Come join ME in the incomparable New Orleans, Louisiana February 28th and 29th 2012! I am offering all of the sessions either individually or as package bundles. You will save significantly when you buy them as package bundles as I believe these allow you the best opportunity to enhance your photography knowledge and skills. Please see below to see everything that is available:
*Tuesday February 28, 2012 9am-11am: Mini Prep Session- this mini session is meant to help prepare newer photographers for our Group Session shoot. If you are uncomfortable or don't know how to shoot in manual mode, meaning you don't know how to set your own shutter, aperture, and ISO to get the shots you want. This mini session is 2 hours of training together where I will help you grow comfortable with setting the exposure on your camera which will help you kick some major butt on our group session later that day. Great photography is about consisent practice, so doing this session right before the group session will help you reinforce everything in the group session, meaning you are really going to learn. You can purchase this session individually for $199, or you can save $150 and come for only $50 when you purchase it as part of one of our package bundle deals. So if you are looking for that major kick start to get you understanding your camera like a professional photographer, this session is for you!!
*Tuesday February 28, 2012 11am-6pm: Group Shoot: if you've ever attended another workshop where they just go around and take shots, this isn't that workshop. We go to REAL LOCATIONS with REAL MODELS, which means you will get REAL RESULTS. We meet in the hotel lobby and where we will then carpool to our locations to shoot. Travel time can vary between 30-60 minutes which gives us plenty of time to get to know each other and discuss our various needs prior to us shooting. I always keep my workshops flexible but below is a rough outline of the items that we will cover:
- 11am- Meet as a group in the hotel lobby- don't be late as we will be leaving promptly at 11:15am.
- 11:15-noon- travel and set up time for our shoot.
- 12pm-2pm- Location #1: Posing using natural light and reflectors: start shooting where we will cover the following points of photography; quick review on shooting in manual mode. This will be a short review as we provide this training in the mini prep session prior to the group session. We will then review in depth the fundamentals of posing during this session using hands feet, creating space, posing with motion, etc. Posing is very difficult for many photographers and this first part of the group session will be completely dedicated to posing to really bring you up to speed on how to make your images with people look fantastic.
- 2pm-3pm- Lunch break with Q&A session. We will find a quick place to eat (nothing fancy) that allows us the time to speak about the sesion we just completed and discuss what we're going to do next. Bring around $15-$20 to be able to eat!
- 3pm-5:30pm- Location #2: Composition and Alternative Lighting- using what we learned in the session on posing, we will then incorporate our model and posing into creating great composition and will start using alternative lighting. This session we will work on how to compose the shot, what goes into making great compostion and the factors that are key to creating a killer shot. With the day starting to grow to a close, we will have the opportunity to shoot during the "magic hour" right before sunset which will be amazing. We will end the shoot at sunset which will allow us the chance to use external flashes, video lights, and some off camera flash to create some stunning results. Also make sure to bring your tripod as we will use it if the conditions are right.
- 5:30pm-6pm- Travel back to our original location where we met to take you back. This time will allow us to have another Q&A in the car and review our shooting from the day.
*Wednesday February 29, 2012 9am-4pm: Classroom/Editing Session- get ready to make some magic! In the classroom session we will take the images you took from the group shoot session and help you understand how to improve your workflow, and edit them the way you want! Below is an outline of the items we will cover:
- 9am-9:15am: Review of the shooting session from the group shoot the day before. This will help you to cement some of your learnings from the day before, as well as answer any lingering questions.
- 9:15am-9:45am- Gear Review: I wil cover everything that I use and give you my recommendations for what works and doesn't work. This will help you to save the time and money that I wasted when I started my career. I will answer individual questions from the group that helps everyone understand what they need depending on their interests. I'm not sponsored by any gear providers so my recommendations will be completely unbiased, and I won't try and sell you anything either!
- 9:45am-10:30am- Business Tips: In this part of the session we will review the business tips that made me a success. Sometimes the best way to become successful is to find out how someone else did it and do what they did! We will cover how to make it in many different areas of photography built around my experience. Tips for pricing, finding customers, getting referrals, and making a great living will all be covered!
- 10:30am-12:30pm- Lightroom: During this part of the class we will cover importing images, using external hard drives, creating separate catalogs for each shoot, using presets, creating presets, using the fundamental tools available in Lightroom, using a rating system, editing in Photoshop through Lightroom, and exporting your final catalog.
- 12:30-1:30pm- Lunch: We will find a quick place to find a bite to eat as a group where we can discuss what we learned in the first part of the session. Make sure to bring $15-$20 for lunch.
- 1:30-3:45pm- Photoshop: This will be where we start creating some magic! The most fundamental thing for photographers to learn and use are layers and masks as it changes your ability and opens up all possibilities. This session will also cover using my favorite filters, cloning the right way, and dodging and burning. It's impossible to teach everything about Photoshop, especially in two hours...but we will get you headed in the right direction!
- 3:45-4pm- Final Q&A session: This will be your last chance to ask any and all questions you have before we have to say goodbye until next time.
*Please let us know if you will not have your own transportation so we can help you make carpool arrangements.
*Please make sure to wear comfortable clothing on all shoots and use your best judgment to make sure you bring appropriate clothing to factor in the time of day you will be shooting. You might want to bring an extra pair of sandles/shoes as I have been known to get feet wet quite frequently.
*Please bring snacks and bottled water as many of the places we go will not have any services available for food and beverage. We also highly recommend to use the restroom prior to our group shoot. We will always make sure to get to a restroom location during the middle of the shoot to give everyone a break when we go for lunch.
*Please bring all the gear you have including monopods, tripods, reflectors, flashes, etc. and plenty of batteries. Also make sure to charge all of your gear 100% prior to the shoot so you don't end up running out. Make sure to clear your memory cards and have at least 12gb available to shoot with. We personally recommend even more if you can. We will really encourage you to shoot in RAW so having the appropriate amount of memory is very important.
We can't wait to see you in New Orleans and look forward to an amazing time together!!!! For any questions please email us at email@example.com, or give us a call at 213-494-7744 or 909-260-3332.
Jason Lanier Photography